Welcome to: Institutional Technology
- Institutional Technology
Ringling College Technology Services
- Account Manager - Information about: Disk Limits, Password Change Request, and Print Limits.
- Your Network Account - What is it?
- Google Drive
- Your Home Space and How to Access It on Campus
- Changing Your Password - How to change your password.
- Home Space disk limit - How to check your disk usage and limits.
- Secure FTP (SSH) Access to Your Network Home and Web Space
- Your Web Space and How to Use It - How to upload your web site to the college's servers.
- Printing Limits - How to check your remaining print limit balance.
- Print Services
- Portable Solid State Recorder User Guide (PDF) - User Guide for audio recorder that records in digital audio formats onto a Compact Flash™ memory card (CF card) or Microdrive™.
- Course Shares
- Access Course Shared Spaces - for students/faculty/staff with accounts at Ringling. Course Shares are available for all courses as soon as the semester begins.
- Course Email Aliases - faculty can contact all students from a course by using one email address.
- Gmail - email accounts powered by Google for faculty, students and alumni.
- Mobile Email for Students and Faculty - iPhone and Android
- Mobile Email for Staff - iPhone and Android
- Signatures - How to create email signatures in supported mail clients.
- Software Discounts
- Wireless Network
- Acrobat Slidedows - Creating a PDF from multiple files in Acrobat.
- Adobe Printing Information (for PDF printing) - Information on how to print from Illustrator and InDesign
- Apple Support - Apple's support web page for all Apple products
- Art History Server - Connect to the Art History share on campus with a Mac.
- Compress (ZIP) Files on a Mac for Print Services or E-mail Transfers.
- Connect a Mac to a Projector
- Printer Manual Feed and Color Calibration
- Photoshop Printing Using ASCII Encoding
- QuickTime Slideshows - How to create a QuickTime Image Slideshow
- Saving to Your Network Home
- Scanning in MacOS
- Screen captures or screen shots with MacOS
- Xerox Pantone Swatches (Printing)
- Wireless Printing - How to connect to the printers and print from a personal notebook.
- Citrix Client Installation
- Microsoft Support - includes FAQ
- OCR with Acrobat - How to scan a text document and make it editable
- Outlook - How to create multiple signatures
- PowerPoint to PDF - Conversion Instructions
- Scanning to PDF - How to scan documents to PDF files
- Wireless Printing - How to connect to the printers and print from a Ringling-supplied notebook.
- Exchange mail for staff on mobile devices
- End of Year Tech Tips
- Find Your Network Address on a Mac
- Find Your Network Address on Windows
- Instant Messaging Configuration for the Ringling College Network
- Known Issues
- Secure FTP (SSH):
- Shutting Down Office and Laboratory Computers
- VPN(Virtual Private Network) for Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Wireless Network
- Valuable Documentation from Microsoft
World Wide Web
- A Beginner's Guide to HTML - This is a great beginners guide to HTML, the language you use to write web pages (don't worry, it is not hard to learn)
- A Word About Search Engines - instructions and advice on search engines.
- Create your own home page - for students/faculty/staff with accounts at Ringling.
- HTML Goodies Domain
- Web Page Counters and Clocks - Counters and clocks available from Ringling.
- Yahoo's Index for HTML Guides and Tutorials