Mobile Access to Office 365
Mobile Access to Exchange Mail for Staff Members
Ringling College provides mobile access to staff Exchange accounts. Here are instructions on how to configure your mobile device for use with Exchange.
Android Phone Setup for Exchange
- Begin by tapping the Email icon from the "Applications" menu.
- Next, type in your Ringling email address and password. If you want this to be your default email account, then check the box.
- Tap "Next" to proceed.
- Continue by tapping the "Exchange Account" button.
- Under "Domain\Username" you should type your full email address. You should use your Office365 password for your password.
- Enable "Accept all SSL" certificates and tap "Next".
- Wait as the phone checks for the incoming server settings.
- The "Account Options" screen will appear if the account verifies with our server. You will then be allowed to customize the account settings.
- Enter the name for the account that will be displayed on outgoing messages (your full, legal name).
- Tap "Done" when complete.
You have successfully set up Microsoft Exchange email services on your phone. Feel free to contact us should you have any questions or encounter any issues.
iPhone Setup for Office 365
The following instructions allow staff members to set up Office365 email on their iPhones. Please scroll down further to see the screens.
- Tap the icon labeled "Settings" to open up the iPhone preferences.
- Move the screen up and tap "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" to enter the mail settings.
- Tap "Add Account..." to create the new account.
- Tap "Microsoft Exchange" to set up the Exchange account.
- Enter your information in this screen. The domain should be left blank, and you should use your full email address and the Office365 password on this screen. The description can be "Ringling Office365" or any name that you prefer.
- Tap "Next".
- The iPhone will verify all settings with the server.
If all settings are set up properly, you will have successfully set up your iPhone to talk to Ringling's Office365. Please contact us over the phone at 941-359-7633 or visit us if you encounter any issues. Here are a few screen captures for your use:
Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
After Hours and Weekend Phone Support
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: 9:00am - 10:00pm
phone: (941)359-7633 (includes after hours)
online support requests (for current students, faculty, and staff): firstname.lastname@example.org