Frequently Asked Questions

How do I connect my computer in my dorm room to the network?

Configure your computer's network connection for "automatic" or "DHCP" settings.  Next, connect your data network cable to your computer at one end, and to the data network jack in the wall of your room on the other end. One this is done, your computer should be connected to the network. Open a web browser and accept the terms of use for the Ringling College Data Network. After this last step, you should be able to connect to the Internet.

Can I access my home space from my dorm room or from off-campus?

You may access your Home Space from any on-campus PC or Mac, which includes your dorm room. You may access your Home Space from off-campus connections by using Secure-FTP to send/receive files.

I can't save to my home space.

Go to Account Manager within the Campus Portal at and verify that you have not reached your disk limit. If you have reached your disk limit, you will have to delete files from your home space to make room. You can backup your files by burning them on a CD before you delete them. If you have not reached your disk limit, contact us through Support Central at

Where can I burn a CD? How do I burn a CD?

Check the CD Burning page for information on burning a CD with a Macintosh.

Where is print services? When is print services open? How much does it cost to print in print services?

Please visit the Print Services information page.

I can't print in the computer labs. What's going on?

Perhaps you have reached your print limit. Please check out the information on the Print Policy available online. Check your current remaining print limit balance online via the Campus Portal, After logging in, click on "Account Manager".

IT Support Hours

  • Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm

phone: (941)359-7633

fax: (941)359-7615

online support requests (for current students, faculty, and staff):