Ringling College network account passwords must meet the following complexity requirements:
- must be 12 to 32 characters in length;
- must contain both numbers and letters (at least two numbers);
- must contain one or more of the following special characters:
~ ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ - + = ?
- must contain both lowercase and uppercase letters;
- must not contain your username;
- must not contain spaces.
A password should be easy for you to remember yet difficult for others to guess. One way to create a strong password within these parameters is to use a phrase that means something to you and exchange letters with numbers and special characters. Here are a few examples of strong passwords and what they mean in spoken word:
Please do not use these examples as your password.
- Fu3l4Car@Run - Fuel for Car to Run
- W3L1k3OurC@r$ - We Like Our Cars
- 1Sma!!St8p4Man - One Small Step for Man
- %ofR@ttlSn8kesInTheDe4$ert - Percentage of Rattle Snakes In The Dessert
We appreciate your time and effort in helping us create a more secure network.
First published: June 12, 2012
After Hours Phone Support (when classes are in session)
phone: (941)359-7633 (includes after hours)