- Institutional Technology
- My Notebook at Ringling College
- My Notebook - Notebook Agreements
- Wacom MobilestudioPro Notebook Agreement
Wacom MobilestudioPro Notebook Agreement
Wacom MobilestudioPro Notebook Agreement
This is a legal document between you as the user and Ringling College of Art and Design, the owner of this Wacom MobileStudio Pro notebook computer which you are agreeing to check out as of today. Please carefully read the terms and conditions of this User Agreement. This agreement governs the use of this Wacom MobileStudio Pro notebook computer. You may not take possession of this Wacom MobileStudio Pro notebook until you have read and accepted the terms of this User Agreement by signing and submitting this form.
GRANT OF LICENSE
Ringling College of Art and Design grants you as the user the personal, non-exclusive right to utilize this Wacom MobileStudio Pro notebook computer for the duration of your study at Ringling College of Art and Design. This notebook computer should be used primarily for your educational and scholarship activities. Any use of this computer which interferes with its primary purpose (for example using up its capacity to run a personal business) is not permitted. Unauthorized and/or illegal usages of this notebook computer can lead to forfeiting access to this Wacom MobileStudio Pro notebook and/or other disciplinary action. This notebook computer is a tool to help you with your studies at Ringling College.
Upon the entrustment of the Wacom MobileStudio Pro notebook computer into your care, you as the user assume the responsibility and liability of the Wacom MobileStudio Pro notebook computer. In addition, you as the user agree to return this Wacom MobileStudio Pro notebook computer on the scheduled or arranged date of return (see TERM section).
You are fully responsible for any theft or physical damage to this notebook computer and you may be held accountable for the full repair or replacement costs. Upon return, you need to make sure that all cables and components are returned in proper working condition with this notebook computer. You are also responsible for keeping this notebook computer clean and in good condition during use and upon return to Ringling College of Art and Design. You cannot lend this notebook computer to anyone without notification and permission from Ringling College of Art and Design. Please note that if you lend this notebook computer to another person without prior permission, you are still held accountable and responsible for the replacement of this notebook computer and may be subject to the forfeiture of the notebook computer, at the sole discretion of Ringling College. Failure to report the loss of this notebook computer or failure to return this notebook computer will result in appropriate disciplinary action by Ringling College of Art and Design and a possible police investigation.
If the computer is reported as stolen, within 24 hours you must file a police report in the jurisdiction for which the computer went missing. Furthermore, you must also immediately file an investigative report with Ringling College of Art and Design Public Safety. Failure to report the loss will result in appropriate disciplinary action by Ringling College of Art and Design and a possible police investigation.
SUPPORT AND SERVICE
You as the user must obtain prior written permission from the Ringling College of Art and Design Institutional Technology Help Desk to install any internal or external hardware components on this notebook computer. You as the user may only install software if you have a valid and current license for the software intended to be installed. You as the user may not un-install or erase any programs or files that were originally on this notebook computer. In addition, you as the user are strongly advised to consult the Institutional Technology Help Desk before changing any system settings. You as the user should contact the Institutional Technology Help Desk as soon as possible if there is any technical and/or physical problem with this notebook computer.
This Agreement will terminate upon your graduation, withdrawal or dismissal from Ringling College of Art and Design or upon any other notification from Ringling College to turn in the notebook computer. Such notification of termination shall be at the sole discretion of Ringling College. Upon such termination, you must promptly return this notebook computer and all of its parts and peripherals to the Help Desk at Institutional Technology. Upon return, it is up to you as the user to make sure that any personal files are saved for further use. The Institutional Technology Help Desk will not be responsible for any files left on the computer once returned.
All rights, title and interest to the Wacom MobileStudio Pro notebook computer are the property of Ringling College of Art and Design. Your use of the Wacom MobileStudio Pro notebook computer is subject to the laws of the State of Florida, the United States of America, and the policies and practices of Ringling College. Nothing in this Agreement or in the conduct of Ringling College constitutes a waiver of the rights of Ringling College of Art and Design under such laws.
DETAILED TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT
1. The Wacom MobileStudio Pro notebook computer, which is provided for my use with no transfer of ownership, is a fully configured notebook computer with a battery, power cord, and other appropriate accessories. I will retain possession of the computer and accessories until I am no longer enrolled at Ringling College of Art and Design.
2. I will not remove or alter any of the identification tags attached to or displayed on this notebook computer. I understand that notebook service and support is contingent on the proper display of the identification tags.
3. I will not assign, transfer, pledge or otherwise dispose of this Agreement or any interest herein or lend the computer or otherwise permit it to be possessed or used by anyone other than me.
4. I agree to adhere to Ringling College of Art and Design's procedures and policies in effect now or in the future governing the use of this computer. I agree to comply with all applicable State and Federal law including copyright and intellectual property law pertaining to software.
5. The notebook computer is and will, at all times, remain the property of Ringling College of Art and Design. I will have no title or other ownership interest in this notebook computer.
6. I agree to use this notebook computer in a careful and lawful manner, and will not make any physical alterations, additions or hardware changes/improvements to the computer without prior written consent of Ringling College of Art and Design’s Institutional Technology Help Desk. Such alterations include but are not limited to adding memory, or input/output devices. Should additions and/or enhancements be made to the computer, such enhancements will become the property of Ringling College of Art and Design. Ringling College of Art and Design reserves rights to remove any additions to and/or alterations of hardware or software components including during maintenance or computer support.
7. I am fully responsible for maintenance of software applications and hardware not provided by Ringling College of Art and Design.
8. Upon request, I agree to promptly deliver this notebook computer to the Institutional Technology Help Desk for inspection or to verify inventory/asset management information. Failure to comply by the date requested may result in a hold being placed upon my computing privileges, transcript, graduation, or other appropriate actions / sanctions.
9. I agree to take necessary and prudent care to keep the computer secure and safe.
10. I will be responsible for the risk of loss by theft, destruction, or damage of the computer from the date I take delivery of the computer until it is returned to Ringling College of Art and Design. Ringling College reserves the right to inspect any notebook. If, during the period of this agreement, the computer is found to be damaged during inspection by the Institutional Technology Help Desk, Ringling College of Art and Design may charge me the actual cost of repairs or replacement up to $2,100. Any subsequent incidents of damage will result in a charge for the actual cost of repairs or replacement up to $2,100 plus an additional $100 to process the repair work and incidental charges. These amounts will be added to my student account.
11. If any components such as the Wacom MobileStudio Pro Pen are missing when I return the notebook computer to Ringling College, I will be charged full replacement cost of each missing component.
12. I must report theft (or suspected theft) or other loss of the computer within 24 hours to the Institutional Technology Help Desk. In case of theft or loss occurring on campus, Public Safety must also be contacted at (941) 359-7500. The Office of Public Safety will require me to contact the Police Department of Sarasota to obtain a written police report. If the incident occurs off-campus, the police department in the jurisdiction in which the theft or loss occurred should be notified and a copy of the written police report obtained. To receive a replacement computer, I will submit a written copy of the police report to the Help Desk at Institutional Technology. In cases of theft or loss, I will be responsible for a $2,100 replacement fee. If I fail to record theft or loss or suspected theft or loss within 24 hours to the Help Desk at Institutional Technology and fail to contact Public Safety or police, Ringling College of Art and Design will bill me for the replacement cost of the notebook and accessories.
13. Upon my graduation, withdrawal or dismissal from Ringling College or upon any other notification to promptly turn in the notebook computer with any components, I agree to promptly deliver the computer to the Institutional Technology Help Desk or such other place designated by Ringling College of Art and Design. In the event that I do not return the notebook computer within stated time frames, Ringling College may, at its discretion, place a hold on my college record, bill me for the greater of the value of the notebook computer or a $2,100 fee.
14. I agree that the Ringling College of Art and Design may amend the terms of this agreement (to include cancellation) upon serving me a written Notice of Amendment. Such Notice of Amendment will be effective 10 days from the date of the mailing or delivery.
15. Ringling College of Art and Design is not responsible for any injuries, damages, penalties, or losses, including legal costs and expenses, incurred by me or any other person caused by the transportation, installation, use of or any other matters relating to this notebook computer.
16. This agreement and any amendments or supplements to it will be governed by the laws of the State of Florida and the United States of America.
17. No delay or failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement will constitute a waiver or limitation of Ringling College of Art and Design's rights of enforcement under it.
By agreeing below, I acknowledge that I have read and understand this information and agreement. Failing to follow the policy and procedures in this agreement or break any of the agreement will result in the termination of this agreement.