- Institutional Technology
- Course Shares
- Course Shares: Connect from Mac OS X from Campus Workstations
Course Shares: Connect from Mac OS X from Campus Workstations
How to Access Course Shares from Mac OS X on Campus Workstations
Note: These instructions will only work if you are using a workstation on campus in a computer laboratory. These instructions do not apply for connections off campus or through wireless. For those instructions, please click here.
- Within the Finder, click on Go->Connect to Server... or press "Command Key + K."
- Enter the full URL of your course share...
Use the following format (the share names are case-sensitive):
- Click on "Connect" and enter your username and password(should be your Ringling account and password) when requested.
- A shared drive will appear on your desktop. Double-click on it to access the contents. For security purposes, eject the drive when you no longer need it.
- Use the course share as you would use any other folder within your computer.
Last update: 08/15/14
Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
After Hours and Weekend Phone Support
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: 9:00am - 10:00pm
phone: (941)359-7633 (includes after hours)
online support requests (for current students, faculty, and staff): firstname.lastname@example.org